Liverpool is known as the ‘Pool of Life’. It is the vibrant art, culture and people that brings the city to life and the Liverpool Learning Partnership (LLP) aims to engage children and young people of all ages in some of this exciting activity.
LLP has been working in partnership with schools and cultural organisations since March 2016, bringing teachers and arts and cultural professionals together to share practice and identify needs and solutions. Together we have formed the Liverpool Cultural Education Partnership
Teachers and education leaders have told us that they would like to know where to look for cultural education resources, activities and experiences for their students.
We’ve been signposting schools, colleges and universities to cultural offers via our termly newsletter, social media and regular e-blasts and networking meetings and events.
Now cultural organisations can directly upload all information and resources relevant to schools and education on the Culturepool website. Arts and cultural organisations – please make use of this – the website is as good as the content and images you send us!
Culturepool will publish opportunities for children and young people to:
- Visit and experience exhibitions, concerts, shows and plays
- Make and create their own art
- Reflect and report on their learning and experiences
Culturepool will also publish opportunities for teachers and education leaders to:
- Network and take part in continuing professional development
- Develop partnerships with local arts and cultural organisations and artists
- Link to our regional Arts Council England Bridge organisation, Curious Minds, which champions cultural education across the North West and supports Artsmark and Arts Award
We will continue to publish news and updates on social media and send them directly to our ‘Cultural Champions’ in schools.
Please let us know here what you think of the website, and how we can improve it.
Thank you for visiting Culturepool!