We Love Words: Poetry Competition – deadline extended!
Liverpool children and young people have been busy writing! We’ve had over 40 poems submitted for our poetry writing competition, to celebrate World Poetry Day on 21 March and Liverpool’s Year of Writing.
Now, The Bookworm Players, Creative Spaces Co. and Liverpool Learning Partnership are extending the deadline for our Children’s Poetry Competition for 5-16 year olds. Parents/carers, teachers, young people and youth workers…you now have until Friday 16th April 5pm to enter an original poem on one of our themes:
Space and Nature
Image and Identity
The competition has a 5-8 year olds section and 9-16 year olds section. Our first place winners will have their poems performed by The Bookworm Players cast members and will receive a writer’s box with lots of goodies to get you in the creative spirit – including a £20 book token. Runners up will receive a £10 book token.
Part of the Cultural Programme for the Liverpool Children’s Festival of Reading
The Little Details:
- Use our google form to enter or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We’ll have prizes for: 5-8 year olds and 9-16 year olds
- Closing date: 5pm, Friday 16th April
- Winners announced at an online event
- The We Love Words competition is only open to children and young people living in Liverpool
- Children must be aged between 5-16 years old
- Parents/guardians/carers should submit the poem on their child’s behalf and in doing so consent to The Bookworm Players CIC and their partners publishing it online alongside the child’s first name
- There will be a relaxed editorial approach to submissions