Hybrid Design and Public Sculpture Workshop with Teresa Solar
Start date: –
The workshop series by Liverpool Biennial, “The Stomach and the Studio”, invites participants to meet the artists of Liverpool Biennial 2021. Take part in this digital workshop with Teresa Solar to find out more about her public sculpture project for Liverpool Biennial 2021 and get creating with her!
Join artist Teresa Solar to create your own hybrid designs, science fiction stories and surreal drawings.
For young people in the age range of GCSE to Undergraduate level (ages 14-19), this series of creative workshops and presentations are aimed at those beginning to develop their creative routes (or anyone that enjoys getting creative!). This will be no boring lecture: we want to get right into learning from an international artist, creating individually and allow participants to share ideas with each other.
The Artist will briefly:
– Introduce Liverpool Biennial, the festival and how we work with international contemporary artists, collectives and practices.
– Introduce Teresa Solar’s practice, project for Liverpool Biennial 2021 and the journey she has taken to have a creative career.
– The artist may then discuss with participants their own ideas of what they are interested in, or currently doing and offer thoughts and advice.
– The artist may give examples of what they were doing when at a similar age and advice or skills they wish they had.
The Workshop will:
– Be a creative exercise in doing, making or thinking that will teach the young people more about the host artist’s practice.
– Create an opportunity for the attendees to develop either a skill, an idea, a process or even just time to think in a creative way.
The overall session should leave the attendees with either some things to think about, to do, to question, to see and respond to in their personal creative journey, whilst being an engaging and interesting experience for young people of the city of Liverpool and beyond.